What is Qi?
· Qi gives life to the world
· It is the pulsation of the cosmos itself
· It is the thread connecting all beings
· Without Qi there would be no Yin and Yang providing balance in living beings
· Life exists ONLY where there is Qi
· DNA regulates an organism’s growth and development, yet it is not life until Qi is present
What does this mean?
· Qi is Energy & Matter and the state in between
· It provides/controls two critical things:
o The essential substances that maintain vital functions
o The functional activities of each internal organ for health
Where does Qi come from?
· We are all born with a certain amount of Qi from our parents, also known as our “Essence”
· Environmental Energy (Less stress = stronger Qi!!)
· Food (This is why it’s important to eat Organic!!)
· Oxygen (We need CLEAN AIR!)
What is Qi Stagnation?
· Excess accumulation of Qi in one location (Blocked and not flowing properly)
· Caused by traumatic injuries, emotional/dietary/lifestyle imbalances
· Major types:
o Local Qi Stagnation
o Liver, Large Intestine and Stomach Qi Stagnation
o Local Pain (most significant)
o Organ dysfunction
· Organ specific signs:
o Liver Qi Stagnation
§ Anger, irritability, hyperactivity, emotional stress, depression, nervous, hypertension, elevated liver enzymes
o Large Intestine Qi Stagnation
§ Impaction, constipation, gaseous colic
o Stomach Qi Stagnation
§ Hiccups, nausea, vomiting, colic, burping
What is Qi Deficiency?
· Fatigue & weakness in the body, spirit
· Shortness of breath
· Weak pulses and pale tongue, often wet
· Caused by lifestyle, diet, emotional and weather imbalance