Ten Pet Food Myths Interfering with Your Pets Health RIGHT NOW
By Dr. Jean Hofve, Holistic Veterinarian
1. The best foods are those that the veterinarian sells like Royal Canin, Purina Veterinary and Hill's Science Diet.
2. Dry food cleans a dog's or cat's teeth.
3. Pets do better eating food designed for their life stage (i.e. puppy/kitten and senior formulas).
4. Table scraps and other "people food" are bad for dogs and cats.
5. Only complete and balanced meals should be fed to dogs and cats.
6. Feeding raw food is dangerous due to the risk of Salmonella and E.Coli.
7. Dogs and cats should not eat grains.
8. Ash content is an important guideline in choosing a cat food.
9. Changing formulas or brands of pet food is hard on a dog or cat's digestion.
10. Its fine for dogs and cats to eat each others food.