Dr. Fenton and Boo Boo
Dr. Rhiannon Fenton is a Southern California native and currently resides in Calabasas. At the age of five, she knew she was either going to be a veterinarian or a dolphin trainer. She was introduced to horses at a very young age and fell in love immediately. Horse training soon became a passion and a very successful endeavor by the age of seventeen. She worked with a wide range of horses from untouched, wild Mustangs and Arabians to Pre-Olympic dressage horses.
By following her dream to become an animal healer and completing a life-long series of stepping stones, she has obtained the following degrees, certifications and formal training:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from Western University of Health Sciences College of Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelors of Animal Science from Cal Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Certified in Animal Chiropractic through Options for Animals Veterinary Chiropractic School
- Veterinary Acupuncturist through the Chi Insitute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Certified in Food Therapy by the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Equine Natural Balance Dentist through Spencer LaFlure's Advanced Whole Horse Dentistry Academy
- Certified in Level I Reiki Energy Healing
- Certified Applied Clinical Nutritionist (for humans) by Southern California University of Health Sciences
- Trained in Chinese Herbal Medicine by the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Trained in Neuro Emotional Technique (NET)
- Trained in Nutritional Response Testing through Dr. Ulan's Nutritional Systems, Inc.
- Trained in Applied Kinesiology by the International College of Applied Kinesiology under Dr. Bruce Shin
- Trained in Morphogenic Field Technique by Dr. Springob and Standard Process/Mediherb West Coast
Publications, Media and Speaking:
- Published How well do you know the nose? The Natural Horse Magazine. Volume 20 Issue 2. April/May/June 2018.
- Award for Excellence in Small Animal Holistic Health Care - California 2018 by Global Health & Pharma
- Awarded Holistic Veterinarian of the Year - California 2017 by Global Health & Pharma
- Awarded Most Innovative Equine Health Professional - California 2017 by Global Health and Pharma
- Invited Participant/Speaker to the 2017 National Symposium for Holistic Arts Practitioners at Harvard University.
- Awarded LA's Top 10 Vets by Los Angeles and New York Film and Motion Picture Television Industry 2016/2017
- Published Most Common Questions asked of Holistic Veterinarians. The OnPets Official Website. January, 2017.
- Published Happy New Year to the Good Horse. Equine Addiction Inc. Official Website. January 2017.
- Published Natural Balance Dentistry. The Holistic Horse Magazine. Issue 103. June/July 2016.
- Published Healing Through Feelings -- Neuro Emotional Technique May Offer a Solution for Hard-To-Diagnose Maladies, The Holistic Horse Magazine. Issue 101. February/March 2016.
- Video Series Horse Care Tips - Equine Wellness and Horse Care featuring Dr. Fenton of Vital Equine with Equine Addiction Inc. The Official Website of Equine Addiction Inc. November 2015.
- Published Everyday Wisdom From Everyday Horse People - Summertime, Sunshine, Vitamin D and Horses. The Official Website of Equine Addiction Inc. July 2015.
- Published Horse N' Rider. Inside the Hills: The Social Publication Exclusively for the Residents of Hidden Hills, March 2015.
- Published Food Therapy for Horses Parts IV. The Official Website of The Naturally Healthy Horse. November 12, 2014.
- Published Food Therapy for Horses Part III. The Official Website of The Naturally Healthy Horse. November 7, 2014.
- Published Food Therapy for Horses Part II. The Official Website of the Naturally Healthy Horse. October 30, 2014.
- Published Food Therapy for Horses Part I. The Official Website of the Naturally Healthy Horse. October 23, 2014.
- Published Acupuncture Treatment for Insect Bite Hypersensitivity. TCVM News: The Voice of Dr. Xie's Jing Tang Herbal, Issue 24, Summer/Fall 2014.
Dr. Fenton's intuition has guided her since a young age and has led her to seek out extensive natural healing therapies that can be applied to animals. It is now her pleasure to offer highly effective and custom-tailored specialty treatments for horses and many other species. Dr. Fenton unlocks the body's potential to heal itself thereby allowing healing to occur innately, gently and safely.